Setting Up Dollhouse
Over 350 people attended our opening of Dollhouse. This was our first juried show, and my first time administering it through Entrythingy. This automated workflow system saved a lot of time for the applicant, administrator and juror. People had to apply online, upload images online and pay online. Surprisingly we had very few confused artists - 99% managed to get through the entire submission process without a hitch. The work for us began after the artists were notified. We had a tight schedule in accepting delivery, creating a catalog, and setting up the work. Stephen did a fabulous job determining the flow of the artwork in the gallery.
This altered doll took several months to complete. I started with an idea to convert a typical blond-haired, blue-eyed doll into a Japanese character, complete with kimono. I found the perfect doppleganger at Thrift Town. I painted her red and she immediately transformed from a Scandinavian to a demon. Her pale hair was dyed black with ink. I blacked out her eyes but that looked too dead so added googly eyes. Her kimono is made of cheesecloth. I love working with gel medium because it's such a versatile glue.
white marker, double-sided tape, scissors, black paint, glue stick