A late start and a huge rush with Christmas cards this year. Luckily I had some beautiful paper to cut up into abstract shapes. A velvety matte red, green marbled paper from Fierenze, shiny white paper and some black seconds.
This altered doll took several months to complete. I started with an idea to convert a typical blond-haired, blue-eyed doll into a Japanese character, complete with kimono. I found the perfect doppleganger at Thrift Town. I painted her red and she immediately transformed from a Scandinavian to a demon. Her pale hair was dyed black with ink. I blacked out her eyes but that looked too dead so added googly eyes. Her kimono is made of cheesecloth. I love working with gel medium because it's such a versatile glue.
white marker, double-sided tape, scissors, black paint, glue stick